Sunday, July 09, 2006

ISHH...

1 week inside Uni was indeed an unforgettable experience. It was "Minggu Perkasa", or more known as orientation week, that everyone's been going through. Fortunately, it wasn't that BAD after all. Not as bad as what others imagine...

In general, it was tiring. Sleeping 1am, while wake up by 6.30 am... Most of the time we had speeches going on (we had to WALK to the hall, since there's no bus provided for my kolej). I always ended up sleeping during events. Who bothers whether there's a Yang Berhormat giving his tremendous speech there, or even an artist like Jay Chou there... But most important, everything not easy, boring speeches, cheers, songs... ISHHH, how I miss MBS now~

Food, it was a nightmare... When seniors & Felo mention "ikan jacket"... 1st thing came to my mind was "WTF, which stupid fish has jacket?". Then, I soon realize the meaning of it, bones everywhere... They provide food for us during the whole orientation week, how nice of them, but most of the time, in fact, 100% MALAY food. Try to imagine morning you'll get spicy food, afternoon you have fish ( bones more than meat, and salt fish served as a dish!!!), which loses my appetite, then tea break coffee/syrup with looks different, smells different and taste different... More like sugar water to me. Thank god at least some days they serve chicken rice, if not, I'll be dead starving... Again, MBS & home food is still the best~~~

I even have to wash my clothes manually (by hand of course) now, though there's a washing machine inside my block, and home is only 20 minutes drive, but still... I guess it's the sense of responsibility. I'm still trying to adapt to life there, trying to make new friends, arrange my timetable schedule and even iron my clothes. Classes starts on Monday itself, and I'm kind of nervous now. Should I get myself a bicycle? Or even just walk to campus? I wouldn't want to take the public bus there, since it's always pack (heard from seniors).

HELP~

No comments: