Friday, June 16, 2006

WORLd CUP

It comes to the time where people have excuse not to sleep at night, excuse for not being in office on time, reason for all the supper and snacks they want, and worse, excuse to take MC/Annual leave. It's World Cup fever dude! What's more exciting than sitting in front of the television with a bunch of friends, or family perhaps, and cheer for the team you support?

Television serves the right purpose for those who couldn't afford to be there (air tickets not cheap you know, not to mention others). Perhaps this is 1 of the events everyone welcomed when 2006 approached. I still remember during March, working part time for the 'FIFA Coca-Cola World Cup tour", which was held in Berjaya Times Square, KL. It was a job introduced by Jasmine (thx for it!) , while Sendhil also joined in for it. Buat apa? Just stand there whole day, like traffic police, and you'll be rewarded. Sounds simple right. Perhaps being a prefect last time helped things out. RM200 a day was really worth it, especially when I was desperate for extra cash that moment. Apart from that, we also got gifts, wristband, t-shirts and stuff from the event. It was cool~

Alright, back to the TV. It's really thrilling just to see teams like Brazil, Germany, England, and the other major teams compete. Personally, I don't really support any national team, as long as they play well like one. Being a football supporter, I enjoyed the game very much, though I got sort of complains, or rather comments on how I played ( haiz~). Aggressive? Maybe, there are times I even thought of quit playing football, for other's benefit, LOL. ( wonder what would others react when they see this?)

I'm going out of topic again... Let's sum up some matches I saw.

  • Germany vs Costa Rica: 4-2 - didn't really watched the full match ( was busy playing futsal when the opening match started), but saw the highlights... cool match, even without ballack.
  • England vs Paraguay: 1-0 - a total waste of time match, watch first 5 minutes and went to sleep (SERIOUS!!!), tactics were bad, passing was awful, plus, it was an own goal...
  • Mexico vs Iran: 3-1 - nice match, at least it's a bit balance between 2 sides I should say...
  • Australia vs Japan: 3-1 - only watched a few minutes, and I missed the "amazing come back" from Aus.
  • Brazil vs Croatia: 1-0 - watched the 1st half, after Kaka's goal, then went to bed... Seems 2nd half was boring passing...
  • Germany vs Poland: 1-0 - only the first 40 minutes, when I was at "mamak" with friends after DOTA. No comment...
  • Ecuador vs Costa Rica: 3-0 - watched 2nd half, when it was 1-0 from 1st half, not a bad game, with excitement...
  • England vs Trinidad & T'go (never heard of it before): 2-0 - 1st half was boring game, especially when Eng almost lost 1 goal to Trinidad. 2nd half was better after Rooney & Lennon came in. Like Gerard's goal compared to Crouch's one...

It's been long since I watched a full match of football, well, I do admit sometimes it get boring. But still, there's plenty of matches to look forward to.