Should i sign up for Penang Marathon?
I wanted to take part in the Penang Bridge Marathon, which is held on the 16th November. Well, the registration has already begun, but i'm not too sure whether should i take part.
Ever since the Adidas half (22.7KM) marathon, i don't think i'm physically up for the penang half (25KM) marathon. I took 3 hours to complete the previous one ( my knee hurts in the end, and i gave up, walking back instead).
That's not the main issue i'm worried about actually. Well, We're (Alex, Yc & I) only eligible to take part in 3 category - full (42km), half (25?? isn't half 21km? how they calculate???) or the fun run (10km). The full marathon is definitely out of our consideration. However, vest are only given for participants taking part in full marathon, while other participants will get a T-shirt. That doesn't sound encouraging at all, especially after having the adidas & reebok (from siemens run) vests. I don't mind taking part in half marathon, but for a shirt in return, hmmm...
Another issue is the venue. I've always wanted to run @ Penang bridge. But if take into account the money and time spend taking bus there, accomodation & other expenses, it doesn't make up to the bill. Spending, or in other words, rushing over a weekend for a Penang bridge marathon, is it really worth going??? We're still thinking.



1 comment:
if u REALLY love marathon n wish to run at penang bridge then go ahead...penang bridge... hmm i wish one day i could run there as well hehe...
BUT if u take part just because of the t-shirt, vest and etc then better think properly... the "cost" especially worth or not (ur econ student know how to count la hor..."kos melepas")
NOTE: bus fare might increase 50%-100% by tis september.
Post a Comment